Softwood Plywood is a strong yet relatively lightweight plywood suitable for many and varied end uses. The ”Pine” effect on the face enables clear finishing with say a varnish to produce a pleasing effect but it also readily accepts paints and stains to obtain the required finish.
- Can act simultaneously as load-bearing construction and stiffening element
- Easy to machine and fasten using conventional woodworking tools
- Can withstand impacts and other forms of bruising
- Lightweight and dimensionally stable
- ubtle colour variations may occur
- Environmentally friendly.
- Strong and rigid
Softwood plywood is a general utility plywood suitable for many end uses such as site hoarding, roof decking, and vehicle bodywork – it has even been used for low-cost kitchen cabinets. Easily worked with both hand and machine tools it screws, glues and paints well. The C+ face is generally sound but could have some knots and open splits which will require some filling to produce the best results.